Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

Good morning! Hope you guys had a fun week. I sure did. We went on 'splits' this week with the Volgograd missionaries. They are so cool, elder S and elder M. Also it was fun going around with elder miller because we came in at the same time so we know the least Russian. haha exciting times when you don't know what is going on and at the end of a conversation you realize you agreed to buy beer for somebody. haha. I told this guy we don't drink and he said well how do you live?! I just said Snickers and Coca cola and he started cracking up. Good times. also I really hope I get to serve with elder S, he is a stud. I told him after the mission I am going to fly up to visit him and go to lake Tahoe with him.

I am still doing well and I am not too cold. It is still relatively warm for this time of year I think. Which is weird because December was freezing and all of a sudden it warmed up. No complaints here.

This morning we went to the gym with I which was fun/interesting. We just worked out for an hour or two and then went to help him buy a new computer and we gave him a spiritual thought afterwards. It was crazy, I read his teaching record for the first time and he has come so far since the missionaries started teaching him. It is great to see his spiritual progression.

Also my resolve to be more obedient is paying off! On Tuesday a guy ran up to us and we started to talk. Apparently he met with missionaries a few years ago and loved being with them. He went to all the activities and church and then got in an argument with a member and decided to stop coming. That happens alot here, but he wanted to call and apologize to the girl and stuff. and so we met with him, he had some questions about the Book of Mormon (he already had one and had read some of it). and he also came to English club, even though he doesn't speak English. Then he stayed for our spiritual thought and also institute! He is a cool guy. He didn't come to church on Sunday so we will meet with him a few times this week and hopefully he comes next week.

Love you all, dad I hope you feel better and mom I missed your email this week. Maybe you should get off the missionary mom web site and write me an email! haha just kidding, but...sheesh! haha love you mom!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment