Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MTC Week 3


Dear everyone,

Bowen is crawling now?? I want a video or a picture!
Anyway how is everything? How long are you and amy in Idaho? What is Kory hunting?
Thanks again for the dearelders and package, and thank the Ellsworths for the cookies! We are loaded with candy and food. Someone came into our room and dumped a ton of candy on our desk and we don't know who it was. and then Elder Bingham got a package with 3 loaves of homemade cinnamon bread and some candy too. then you guys sent me that package with sweets in it, and then with the Ellsworth's cookies we basically have our year supply.
So on Sunday we got to go watch the Brigham City temple dedication, which was so cool. Maybe I have been to a temple dedication before, but if I have I don't remember. So anyway it was awesome. My favorite part was the temple president's talk. He talked about habits, and making good ones. He promised blessings if we make good habits and then he said "how can I promise you these things today? Because I know whose house this is." So cool huh!
The language is picking up again. I can understand pretty much everything the teacher says and I can write well but speaking is still the hardest. I can speak, but I still can't decline all the words properly when I'm speaking. Because of all the cases, you know? In Russian you have to change every word depending on the type of sentence. I finally memorized that case chart! and I can apply it to writing but not speaking because you have to think so fast. cases are awesome. It's kind of more effective I think because you eliminate words like am, of, is, etc.
The older missionaries leave next week! I've made friends with all the kids going to Kevin's mission because they are the most normal. And I'm friends with a sister going to Rostov. there are just two going to Rostov next week.
 Jake Jarvis gave me a squirt gun before he left and I snipe people in the hallways from my bed. And I accidentally shot my roommate as he walked in the door and he flipped! But he didn't know it was me. He was like who did that! turning around in circles getting all riled up haha so I said it was me. He's like No squirt guns are allowed in my room! end of discussion!! So mom don't worry, I still have parental guidance here in the mtc, good old Elder Holloway.
Me and Bingham got called to be sacrament meeting coordinators. So we go and prepare everything and choose people to bless/pass. We passed the sacrament this week and we're working up our courage to bless- because it's in Russian! I think I'm going to bear my testimony in Russian on Sunday so I'll let you know how that goes haha. And I'm pretty excited for conference! We are trying to figure out a way that we can watch it in our classroom so we can have blankets and stuff.. if it's allowed..
I got a letter from Hunter! It sounds crazy, but I think he is having fun. And he said he is getting big. He said he was about to go through the 'gas chamber.' I'm not sure what that is but I think it's like pepper spray and stuff. I hope.
Jason I hope homecoming was fun! thanks for the pictures and email, I think your date was the cutest in the group. And what are you, popular or something- getting asked to winter formal already haha! crazy!  I'm glad you tore it up in church ball, better than I ever did back then.. my comp says to youtube Jason Williams highlights. Apparently he is like a white Allen Iverson but more stylish.. I went hard in ball yesterday! because there is this new kid who is way good so I crossed him up a few times and hit some jimmers in his face! I was pumped.  And you should take Elder Binghams sister on a date haha she is a junior too. It'd only be an hour and 1/2 to pick her up..

Amy have fun with Bowen and take pictures!
Dad thanks for your dearelders.  It sounds like you're working hard and staying busy. I'm trying to stay busy too. Elder Bingham says he thinks he'd like you. The other night were just quoting seinfeld back and forth. So he knows his seinfeld. Also I saw your 'I'm a mormon' page. I need to make one of those sometime.
Mom thanks again for the package and everything. don't miss me too much but also don't forget about me! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with Bowen this week. That's sweet that you got to take those people to lunch in Rexberg.
Taralynn and Kory. Is it snowing yet? Boise state is doing pretty good I hear, well actually all I know is that they beat BYU so maybe they're not that good. Let me know if you get anything on your hunt.
So grandpa knows Bingham's grandpa Terry? Were they good friends? He is in the Gila Valley temple presidency now. Was he a farmer? because that's what Elder Binghams family does now.
Did grandpa have fun on his campout, other than the skinned up elbow? at least he tripped over a tree root and not a rattle snake.. I bet it's getting cold in Strawberry, it's a bit chilly here this week
Oh I almost forgot, you'll never guess who I met here. This kid that lives in our building lives down the street from the Duck Dynasty family!!! Oh man I envy him.. and he has also met the people from swamp people. What a lucky guy.
Sorry my letter is so long!  Love you all and miss you!!

Elder Allen
Tell Joann I'll take care of Chris for her so she doesn't have to worry! Yesterday we were walking and noticed a huge classroom, like 2 times bigger than ours and there were half the missionaries. And their desks were nicer and they had whiteboards, with a view from the 5th floor! So we asked where they were going and they said Mexico City, so maybe Chris will get lucky and be in that fancy classroom.

Scott also wrote a short letter to his Dad--telling him that one of the main reasons he is on a mission is because of the example Jay set...and the way Jay still talks about his mission experiences and the people he met there.  He commented on their trip to Austria this spring and what a good memory that will always be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment