Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MTC Week 4

Hey everyone, it's P-day again!
 
Thanks for your dearelders, and Aunt Dawn too. I'm glad you had fun in Idaho with bowen, he is getting really big! Happy birthday to Kory on saturday right!? Hopefully he gets a day off for the big day. And it's conference too! I am excited for conference here in the mtc, I don't think there is an mtc choir this time-bummer. And if there is then I'm not in it! And that is awesome that you guys are getting Jason the new Iphone! One of our teachers has one and it is sweet.
 
So Obama is still president over here because guess what? You'll never guess. I got a new companion!! Ahhh! Everytime I get comfortable with something they throw a 180 at me. It's crazy. Yesterday my branch president called me in for an interview and he was talking about how he had like 21 companions on his mission and all this stuff and he was able to help so many people, and I was like cool story bro.. and then he said he decided to switch my companion and I was thinking whaaa? seriously? So who knows what's going on around here. I was joking with bingham after and I said I'm pretty sure next week we are getting called to Equador or something haha.
 
So with 5 weeks through in my mission I have been in 3 districts, 2 zones, had 2 companions, 9 different russian teachers, and lived in 3 different bedrooms!
 
I feel ok with the decision, and my new comp is cool. But Bingham has been having a harder time, partly because his new companion is a little odd. We were still in our own beds last night and we were falling asleep and all of a sudden he punched the wall and walked out. (at like 11 oclock). So I let him be out there for 10-15 minutes and then went out to talk with him. He will be fine, he just feels tired of all these moves and everything. But he is doing better today..
 
Our week was good, we taught alot and I learned alot of Russian. We committed both of our 'investigators' to baptism this week. Ha but I feel like it is not going to be this easy over in Russia! There is a computer program with a ton of russian church vocabulary and it I know most of those words. And my speaking is improving, this week I worked alot on russian grammar.
All the 'older' russian missionaries left this monday. I'm gonna miss them! Kevin Boyer is so lucky, all the coolest missionaries were going to his mission. And all those guys gave me a ton of their stuff. I got a few notebooks with missionary's  vocabulary and lessons and stuff, a nerf basketball hoop, a ton of food, a hackie sack, etc. I got a picture with all the missionaries I was really close with, hopefully I'll get some pictures sent out today.
 
The older missionaries leaving got me re-excited to go to Russia. Because at this point in my mission, it feels like the mtc IS my mission. Like I'll be here for 2 years. But seeing all of them get their travel plans and packing their suitcases made it feel more real. Next week the 'new' missionaries will come in. That is exciting! Hopefully some cool ones will come in that are going to Rostov! Oh, I forgot to tell you, so now that I'm in this newer district- there are 3 missionaries going to rostov. So I will get to know them a little better..
 
Grandpa Allen I met someone that knew you at Mesa High.. His name was Elder Goodman, and he served a mission in russia, in Rostov. So that's all I know about him, maybe you'll know who I'm talking about and maybe not. He said one of his brothers dated aunt carrie or something, I don't know..
 
Well I love you guys, and I am hopefully going to send a package for you today.. Have fun at SIX FLAGS! Without me!! Tell everyone I say hi.
 
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment