Wednesday, October 10, 2012

MTC Week 5

What is up!? The mtc is still the same, it's getting a little monotonous but I'm sure that's how it is for everyone. It's still fun though. And in a way all this change is kind of good for me because it makes the time go by a little faster. Also I've gotten to know pretty much every Russian missionary, since I have been in a district with at least one companionship in every district. The new missionaries will come today, and I am so excited! There are 6 that are going to Rostov, I think. 4 guys and 2 girls, but they will be in the opposite zone.

My new district is fine, and I get along with all of them. It is a bit different though because there are more sisters than elders. There are 6 sisters and 4 elders! Our teachers are good, they are a little bit behind our old district but I enjoy the extra review I get. And my companion is a really hard worker, we've been getting up at 5 the past few days to study the language. I can definitely see why these missionaries were called Russian speaking because they are so dedicated to learning the language! And I think Russian is honestly the coolest thing I have ever studied. My teacher was talking to us the other day when some of us were bummed about how little of russian we know and he told us that the mtc is one of the most efficient ways to learn a language. He said "you've been here for 6 freaking weeks, and if a Russian professor came from any university in the nation he would be impressed with how much you already know." Then he had us watch 'finding faith in Christ' in Russian to show us how much we do really know.

So general conference was mehh, alright.. SIKE! It was insane! When Pres. Monson announced the new age change the whole mtc went nuts! Everyone was screaming, girls were crying, it was entertaining to say the least. But the first thing I thought was that I better see Jason before he leaves!! Maybe he should come to Russia to pick me up. I also hear that Russian speaking missions run in the family, in a way. So many of these missionaries here have had siblings serve in Russia. So I'm calling it right now that Jason is going to Donet'sk Ukraine. I had so many plans for the two of us before he left, I wanted to go to BYU together and make it the best snowboarding season ever! But obviously the prophet knows more than me..

Also I think this new age change is great for sisters! It removes the stigma that goes along with them serving a mission. People won't think they're doing it just because they couldn't get married. So all the girls in Mesa need to go! There's no excuses now.. My teacher is the executive sec. in his ward and he showed us the list of all the people who called him to start the process. Like 15 girls and 1 guy haha.

I could sense the urgency for missionary work in conference. And also my teacher reminded me that we need to continue to pray to open new areas of the world. The prophet asked us to do that, and alot of people have forgotten to do it (including me). But the last time a prophet told us to pray for this was Spencer Kimball, and that was right before the Berlin wall FELL and the red curtain FELL! So the Lord knows his will and he will hasten it when the time is right. I'm pretty sure the time is about to be right! But God won't open new areas if we are not prepared, I think.

Also for the new missionaries they are permanently shortening all the language courses and time in the mtc. Every one will be shortened by 1/3 which means russians will only stay 9 weeks, spanish 6 weeks, english 1 week, etc. They are building a new building here at the mtc in the short future (8 stories tall!) So you can see all the pieces fitting together, missionary work is about to get alot more awesome!

So I've got a funny story.. The other night I woke up at 2 or 3 a.m. and I honestly had no idea where I was. I started yelling and for some reason I thought I was in a warehouse or something. I went and looked out the door and I was like oh. I'm in the mtc. great.

Well I love you all even though you are in CA without me. Are you going to carlsbad to? Take some pictures and have fun! Amy have fun in Mesa, but not too much fun. haha your letters are the best! I laugh through every one. I am super excited for my carmels to get here! and if you wanted to send my obama shirt that would be great! The black one that says hope. I gotta represent during the elections, ya know? haha no really I just want to get people riled up. Courtney and Ben from the Bach split up, whaaaa? Perfect, now I am one step closer! When she tweeted me, that was the first step. So we're making progress here.

Jason me and Elder Bingham were so excited reading about your 35 pt game! haha that is so awesome. Did you get an Iphone yet? Maybe when you make the team dad will get you one *cough cough*. But really, I miss you and whenever anyone asks me what I miss most from home I say hands down I miss my brother most. Your future is so bright! Continue to make friends with everyone and have FUN! I'll see you soon enough.

Mom I miss you too! I'm glad you were excited to hear Rostov in conference. haha I may or may have not been asleep when he said that and my comp basically gave me a heart attack waking me up.

Dad have fun in CA. thanks for all the dearelders and all your support. I can't wait to skype all of you from RUSSIA!

Talk to you all in a week, send dearelders! Thanks Allen's for the candy! sorry again for such a long letter

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment