Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MTC Week 6

This week was pretty good, just about the same as every other week here has been.

Yep the mtc is going by fast which is awesome! Everyone around here is freaking out though saying they don't have enough time to learn the language.. But I just want to get to Russia! It sounds like six flags and carlsbad were fun, did you go to cessy's? and tell the pothier's I'm sorry my starburst cost them 1.25$! I finished writing the letter and was about to seal it and I asked elder bingham if you can mail a starburst in a regular envelope. He said he didn't know, and I said me either and threw it in haha.

Tell Marcus I'm not sure whether or not he will have his mtc time cut short but I'd think so. The younger russian districts that came last week have 9 weeks instead of 12 though.

Guess what? I got a letter from Kevin Boyer, and it came from Russia! It was awesome to hear from him. He told me to take advantage of being in the mtc and America because everything is dirty and smells like garbage over there apparently. I'm going to write him again and send it with the samara missionaries when we leave.

Since conference was so exciting last week I forgot to tell you that elder Bednar came and spoke at our tuesday devotional. We were sitting in the choir like an hr. before it started and it flashed on the screen that he was coming. So we ditched out of choir super fast so we could get front row seats! He spoke just about how to review conference talks. He said he goes through each talk and looks for 1) doctrine 2) invitations to act and 3) blessings promised.

The new Russian missionaries came on wednesday! They are all awesome guys, the ones going to rostov are cool too. luckily. also luckily, they are actually good at basketball so we have some better games going nowadays.

And on sunday Daniel and Jon forrest were in sacrament meeting with us! it was awesome, their uncle is in our branch presidency. So we talked for a while and then I saw them at the temple again. We were standing there at the temple and daniel said hey lets call your mom real fast. I did not object but I told him I wouldn't hold the phone. So he put it on speaker and it rang and rang and you didn't answer!! so I could have talked to you if you weren't busy but I did get to hear your answering machine message.

Also I know Daniel told you but I blessed the sacrament in Russian! it was awesome. I was pretty nervous so I practiced it so much and in the end I had it memorized haha. I still used the card though-just in case. The water prayer is interesting. Because the regular form of water is 'vadoo.' when it gets declined in the prayer you have to be careful because if you say 'vodoo' that means water and if you say what you think it should be- 'vadoo' that means you bless it 'in hell.' crazy russian.
Yeah I still go on splits with elder bingham to play basketball everyday and we eat meals together so I see him fairly often.

Amy thanks for sending the carmels! I haven't gotten them yet but I am looking forward to when I do. And I enjoyed your stories this week, especially the porta potty one. Your life is so entertaining.

Jason good luck with tryouts when they come up and the stake tournament. It sounds like you had an awesome time in cali, I am beyond jealous! The funnest thing we do here is go to the vending machines and buy hot pockets so I can't even imagine the fun you had at six flags. That place is so fun. Don't tell mom but it might even be more fun than disneyland. any new music that I am missing out on?

Dad thanks for your dearelders they make my day. I didn't know you say the sacrament prayers in german every week in your head. That is so cool, I want to do that with Russian. It sounds like work is fun and the yard is looking nice. I thought I'd never say it but I wish I were there so I could help out with the yardwork.

Mom I wish you had answered your phone on sunday! It's ok though I'll talk to you in less than a month. And then on Christmas. Sometime this week I challenge you to just RELAX for 20 minutes and enjoy the beatiful day.

Taralynn, Kory and Bowen- Thanks Bowen for the dearelder! You are getting way too big. Guess who spoke last night in the devotional? Elder Bowen! He spoke in conference and he came and spoke to us again last night. I hope Kory gets something hunting when he goes next.

Anyway I love you guys! I'm going to try and send a couple pictures to you today, it's hard with these dinosaur computers they have here. Talk to you later. Answer your phone next time! haha

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment