Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday December 10, 2012

RUSSIA WEEK 3
 
Hello, I sent a few pictures so that should make you happy! To answer your questions, I can print off emails from you guys, I get dearelders rarely (only if I go to Rostov or someone from there comes here).
 
I am definitely still loving it here in Russia. I'm having many 'firsts.' Today I had my first Russian haircut haha it was funny because obviously I don't know vocab for a haircut and so she'd ask me a question and I'd just say yes or no depending on how I was feeling at the moment. But it looks good. Also we are making some Borsch (english spelling?)- or beat soup for the first time today. It is good that Elder Belnap is a good cook or I might be in trouble. He made some dang good pizza on saturday night! It almost competed with the Cowley's pizza oven pizza. Almost. Tomorrow I am going to go out on a limb and attempt to make french toast. We'll see how it goes.
 
Elder Belnap is a great companion, and not just because he's a good cook.. He helps me with my russian and teaching people. And I found out he likes cars and top-gear so we found some common ground! And he knows all the ins and outs of the city and Russian culture so that's helpful.
 
I'm glad you and Amy had a fun time in Hawaii! You should send some pictures. And Jason and dad survived ok without you two it sounds like. And Jason looked classy in his winter formal picture. I like that tie. Ha I heard ties are only like 3 dollars here so I only brought like 4 ties. And I have yet to see a tie here, although I don't doubt they are 3 dollars--if I could find them! So I continue with the 4 I brought, and Elder Bingham gave me one as a parting gift.
 
What else do you guys want to know ha? The other day we were on the street and we had a good little lesson with a guy and then he put out his hand like he wanted to shake hands, so I took off my glove and he grabbed my hand and started to read my palm! haha he said I wasn't very argumentative and then he judged Elder Belnap's hand and said he was argumentative. Nice guy.
 
Church was good yesterday. The ward here has some good, strong members that are super willing to help out with anything. The 2 sister missionaries in our area spoke at church yesterday about feeling the holy ghost and did a really good job. And I blessed the sacrament and said one of the prayers. I like church here because everyone knows everyone and it feels kinda homey.
 
It sounds like everyone is good! I think I lost the sheet I had with everyones birthdays on it so sorry if I don't give someone a shoutout.  The Big judds burger Taralynn sent me a picture of looks so good!  Hopefully he had a fun birthday. I still don't know when we are going to skype, either Christmas morning or evening (for you guys). If I'm thinking logical than I figured we are basically halfway around the world, since we are 11 or 12 hours difference.
 
Love you all! next week!
 
-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment