Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday December 17, 2012

RUSSIA WEEK 4

So winter decided to show up here in Russia! Dang on Monday we woke up and looked at the thermometer and it was not good news. It has been like negative 10 to 15 this week, but it's not as bad as it sounds cause it's in celsius so I think that is like 15 positive in F. It isn't the temperature that is killer it is the wind! It is like rexburg, and it is supposed to snow a bunch this week so I am nervous for that. no, I haven't bought any boots or a new coat. I am not sure if I will need to but if I get too cold I will go buy something. I stay warm though, I am learning the art of layering clothing. And I forgot to bring a beanie so I went and bought one in the market the other day.
So on tuesday we had a sweet thing happen. Me and elder Belnap were just walking on the street trying to talk to people and all of a sudden someone grabs my arm from behind, so I turn and its a younger lady. She started out (in english) saying can I talk to you, I really need to talk to you. Obviously we said yeah we can talk. So she was asking us all these questions like how long we will be in Russia and stuff like that. Apparently she teaches english to a group of teenagers and she said they began to ask her questions about religion and Christ and she thought we could answer them better than she. So she suggested maybe bringing her group to our Sacrament meeting and we said that'd be great, we gave her our number and info for church so I am optimistic that something good will come of that experience. It was an answer to my prayers, because ever since it got cold people decided they didn't want to talk to us anymore.

Church was good yesterday. As church was starting the branch president asked if the two of us missionaries could speak. It was pretty frightening but ended up that we only had enough time for Elder Belnap so I may be speaking next week, who knows? I need to prepare a talk just in case something like that happens again.

The branch here is not big, but the people who come are very faithful. There is an awesome family (branch president), a couple other small families and some older men, and younger girls who are about 25 yrs old. 

I finished the Book of Mormon this week and I decided to pray about it again. Although I do not see any visions or anything of that magnitude, I still truly feel in my heart that it is the true doctrine of Christ. And I am grateful to have it's guidance in my life. Mom that is a good idea to read from the new testament about Christ for Christmastime, maybe I will do that..

Something surprising that we just found out is that Elder Belnap is getting transferred! That came as a huge surprise to us, we were planning on being together for at least a couple more months! So he leaves on Tuesday for Rostov and my new companion is Elder Reed, I think he is from Logan UT.

Since it was Elder Belnaps last p day up north, maybe for his whole mission, he wanted to do something cool. So we were planning on spending the night in Volgograd with the zone leaders and going to a museum here today. But we found out the museum is closed today. So we spent the night anyway and hopefully we can find something fun to do here in Volgograd today. I think we are going to McDonalds for lunch though, that will be good. 

About skype, can you send me like amy's skype account info or someone's so that I can sign in and then I will call moms? I will call you guys, and I will let you know the exact time next week. We are going to call from the branch presidents house.

Glad to hear you are all doing well! Tell hunter I say hi, I sent him, ashlyn, amy and jason letters last week. Ha it will be funny when they get them because there are like 12 stamps on the envelope. I love you all, see you next week!


-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment