Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TUESDAY! December 4, 2012

RUSSIA WEEK 2

Whew! Ok, so yesterday was p-day and we went to the branch building to email and the internet was not working there. So we went to an internet club in Volgograd and it was closed. Today we've been searching for a way to use the internet and we finally found a place here in Volzsky to email. So right now I am surrounded by a ton of Russian teenage gamers.
This week was great! We have spent a majority of our time on the street talking to people. It is actually really fun and I think its the best way for me to improve my Russian. We talk to anyone who will listen and tell them about the gospel. People here are a little different, but not in a bad way at all! I thought that missionaries would always get yelled at or cussed out but so far no one has done that to us. Either they just ignore us or say they don't have time or actually talk with us. But everyone is nice and fun to talk with, and they have so much insight on life. Like the other day we went to talk to this man and he was like hey that's women's work, you should be out driving tanks and flying airplanes or something haha. We said we only take 2 years of our life because we love God!

On Thursday we had our last (and my first) 'english discussion.' The mission president is re-vamping the english club and is starting out only in the main cities. So we won't do it in Volzsky anymore. Although we still meet with our investigator and his wife and practice english with them, which is good.

Yesterday we went with some other missionaries in the area to the statue I told you about when we talked on the phone last week. It's called Mother Russia if you want to google it. It is amazing, and I took lots of pictures. It has an almost holy atmosphere, kind of like at the tomb of the unknown soldier. There is so much history here and we got to see a glimpse of it. I'll send the pictures when I can.

I bought some envelopes today and I have some letters to send to Jason, Hunter and Ashlyn. And I'll probably write a few more to family. Take some pictures for me in Hawaii you lucky ducks! I got the ones Amy sent and it looks like great weather and everything. Here the weather isn't bad yet. It is probably in the 40's during the day and rainy most nights. It snowed once but melted pretty fast.

And don't worry I'm eating well. I don't remember if I told you last time but they have everything we need here. For breakfast I usually eat cocoa puffs and lunch I usually help elder belnap cook something big like pasta or chicken or something and then for dinner I make some fried eggs because that's the only thing I know how to make haha.

Elder Belnap is an awesome guy. He is alot like Tucker Denton and even though we don't have a ton in common, we get along well and I learn lots. His Russian is really good too, so that is good and he is helping me with that. 

We are working out when we will call you on Christmas, probably sometime in the morning. I can't wait to talk again and see how everything is going. I am doing fine here and russia is awesome. Mom I don't think there is another address to send stuff so the mission home is fine. I love you all and will talk in a few weeks on skype!

-скотт аллэн

No comments:

Post a Comment