Saturday, November 17, 2012

notes to Scott from District friends...

We got a small package from Scott this week.  He included some notes that were written to him from members of his current district.  They were very fun to read!  

#1
Elder Allen!  Its been so fun having you in the same district!  Your sense of humor has been a blessing to everyone in that tiny room, especially your Russian phrases and drawings!  I always appreciate the comments you make during district meetings, etc and the energy you have to always improve and strengthen your testimony.  We're for sure hanging out after when I can talk in Russian and not fake my way through a lesson with "Nick."  Thanks for having such a good attitude about all the changes you've been through here at the MTC. Its been such an example to me and will be a blessing to all your companions!

#2
Elder Allen!!!  I am seriously so grateful for the opportunity to have had you in my district and gotten to know you!  I have always loved and appreciated your witty and sassy comments, they always made me laugh.  You are going to make a wonderful missionary.  You have always been true to yourself and don't pretend to be something you're not.  and people will love you and trust you for that!  Thank you for your great example!  Thank you for being you!!!

#3
Elder Allen
I have know you much longer than anyone else here and feel you have grown a lot closer to God.  I enjoy the happiness you bring to the class and your humor in the dorm room.  You are a very smart  person and a great teacher of the gospel.  Every time you taught me, I could tell you knew what you were talking about, loved it, and knew it was true.  I am happy we are going to the safe mission and I wish you the best of luck!  I hope we can work together sometime in the field to bring others unto Christ.

#4
Elder Allen, you've been here for 12 weeks, don't you know that "bibblio"/ "dudues" means book or something?  I have appreciated your sassy comments for the last several weeks.  I have also seen you grow from a little zucchini to an amazing missionary.  I expect great things to happen over there and there to be thousands of Mormons spotting the land. Darrel.

#5
I am so glad that you are in our district.  It has been great to get to know you (though I'm still planning on interrogating you one day).  You are patient and hardworking and I know you'll be a great missionary to the Russian people.

#6
I am very happy you ended up back in my district!  Thank you for your example of hard work and being able to laugh.  You seriously are so funny and you made the MTC enjoyable.  I'm impressed how quickly you are picking up Russian and I know that through your continued hard work you will speak amazing Russian.  The people of Rostov are lucky to have you.  I know you are going to do great things there.  I admire your testimony and always appreciated your spiritual insights.  Keep up the good work.  You are amazing!

#7
Oh,  Elder Allen.  I'm not sure I can ever get the picture of you dancing the twist out of my mind.  I'm really not sure how you felt about getting moved around so much BUT it worked out well for our district.  You make me laugh!  And you are very kind to those of us who struggle with the language...you never made me feel bad in our lessons for not knowing much.  I feel like, especially, those inactive members are going to love you!

Fun, huh?!  
I just wish he had some like this from ALL the people in ALL his districts!  
He has met some wonderful friends at the MTC.  
We are grateful for his time there and the things he shares with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment