Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wednesday November 7, 2012

MTC Week 9

Thanks for the pictures! My SD card reader doesn't work on the MTC computers or else I'd send you the sweet pictures I've been taking. Did you take any pictures on the segway tour? When do taralynn kory and bowen go back home? It looks like you guys are having fun with them!
 
Thanks for the dearelders and thank the Sumsions for the Coke and cookies!! They were delicious.. I'm glad you liked the package I sent with all that random stuff in it. Ha and that 'Allen family reunion' shirt I found in the lost and found. I thought it was pretty funny because mom wanted to go to Durango before I left so I grabbed it. And that paper everyone signed is from my original district, I don't remember why they made it.
 
Well, the MTC is still good. Mom you are too busy, because I tried calling you a couple times this week again. I forgot my social security number haha so I was calling to get that so that I can call my bank to get my debit card to work in Russia. So dearelder me and tell me when I can call you at home to get that.
 
Also what are your plans for thanksgiving? Are you running the turkey trot? Because that is when I leave, so I'm hoping that my flight is early so I can call you before you leave for the run. What time do you usually leave to go to the race? I'll get my travel plans on Monday so I can give you more info on that next week. It will be so amazing to have real, American food for thanksgiving. Supposedly there is a Cafe Rio in the SLC airport!!
 
It's been super sad last night and this morning because one of the coolest guys in our zone went home to clear some things up. He will be able to come back in 6 months I think, and then go to Kiev. I'll miss him so much! But it was cool last night right after we heard he was leaving I got in bed and started reading the scriptures where I left off and one of the 1st scriptures I read was Alma 17:13. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm so glad he will be able to come back because he was such a good missionary.
 
The Russian is still improving, I am excited to be immersed in it. ha ha I started using the headsets in the devotionals for the international missionaries so I listen to it in Russian which is sweet because it's all church stuff so so I can actually understand it.
 
Have a good week, I think there's a new york times article about the protests in Russia against missionaries maybe you can find that.
 
4 more years! 4 more years!
Scott Allen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment