Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wednesday October 31, 2012

MTC Week 8

Happy Halloween! Thanks for the dearelders and emails.. I sent you a package on monday so hopefully it will get there tomorrow or friday. I just sent some stuff that I thought you'd like. There's an awesome poem about russian missionaries I tried to send but I couldn't get it in time. I'll send it to you before I leave the mtc though. That is so fun that Taralynn Kory and Bowen are coming! What is Bowen's first Halloween costume going to be? Take some pictures for me.

So this week has been anti-climatic. The most exciting thing that happened was I got another letter from kevin boyer! That was awesome, and I wrote him back yesterday in Russian--I'll give it to the missionary going to Samara when we leave.
 
Also speaking of when we leave... Guess what? of course our visas got delayed!! We were supposed to get our travel plans tomorrow and leave on the 12th but they just came out with a new visa for 'preachers' so that is why it is delayed. So now I'm leaving.. drumroll... november 22nd! Ahhhh! Everyone who is not going to moscow is delayed. (but not people going to ukraine). So I have no Idea what we will do for the extra week and 1/2, because we won't have any teachers.? They will have to be with the new younger districts.. It will also be weird here without elder Bingham, Roggow and Manning who are going to Ukraine.. I feel most bad for elder Schneider though because he was most excited to leave and he got delayed the most out of all the missions, he doesn't leave until the 26th!
 
Just another day in the life of my MTC experience haha
 
Other than that of course my week was great. A couple weeks ago a general authority spoke at our fireside and said that he reads the Book of Mormon, 10 pages a day, every day. I thought that sounded like a good little system so that's what I have been doing. I think it is an awesome way to read! I like it more than going by chapter because sometimes chapters are super short and others are long.
 
Also this is a random thought but I think the MTC is ruining my taste buds! I remember the first day I was here I got a glass of the caffeine free coca cola they have here and almost spit it out because it tasted so watered down. And now I have to admit I enjoy it! ahh.. The first thing I'm doing in the slc airport is buying a real one haha! It is always nice to eat a 'real' meal at the temple on p-days.
 
Sorry I don't know any more of the story about Elder Manning's friend who was called to mainland China. I told you everything he was told in the letter. Elder Manning is going to Kiev, UK and he is companions with the missionary from Germany, elder Roggow. Who, the other day, casually threw out that his dad drives a Ferrari! sheesh I thought we were closer, it took 10 weeks for him to tell me that haha
 
Have an awesome Halloween tonight. That is fun that they are doing the party in the yard again, I was thinking last night that one memory I have is skateboarding with Taylor and others during the Halloween party at our house. And I concluded in my mind that that was 2 years ago! Holy cow does time go by fast nowadays. Those used to be the good old days and now these are my good old days.
 
Tell Hunter that I'm sorry I haven't written him, I need to do that! But if he wants to get anything sent to Erica he can send it to me and I can give it to the missionaries I know who are going to her mission. Also did Nathan Christiansen take Jake out to lunch yet? Hopefully he has.. Do I remember right that he has a girlfriend over there now? Atta boy!
Tell Jessica Congratulations and she should send me an invitation! That is so cool that she is getting married in a couple weeks.
 
Again thanks for everything, I love you all have a fun Halloween! They're putting up the Christmas lights here, so you must be slacking ha just kidding. The only think I can think of that I might need before Russia is more contacts. Bye!
 
-Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment